Community Based Victim Services
Need support and information to navigate the Criminal Justice System?
Community Based Victim Service Worker
Kamloops, Logan Lake, Ashcroft & Chase
Our Community Based Victim Service Worker can refer victims and families to appropriate counselling and community services. All services are available for both female and male victims. Our services are free and there is no waiting period for victim services. In addition, we can provide information to victims involved in the following types of criminal cases:
Partner Assault & Harassment/Stalking
- Provide information on the battering cycle; use of power and control; safety issues; and the effects on children who witness violence.
- Provide emotional support.
- Provide copies and an explanation of ‘No Contact Orders’, ‘Bail Conditions’ and/or ‘Probation Orders’.
- Explain the court process, roles of court personnel along with the role of a witness.
- Accompany the victim (or family members) to meetings with Crown Counsel, trial hearings or sentencing hearings.
- Keep victim informed of court dates.
- Assist the victim in filling out Crime Victim Assistance Program Application forms, Victim Impact statements and registering with the Victim Safety Unit.
Sexual Assault & Child Sexual Abuse
Both recent and historical
- Provide information and emotional support to victims and their family members.
- Provide copies and an explanation of ‘No Contact Orders’, ‘Bail Conditions’ and ‘Probation Orders’ for victims.
- Explain the court process, roles of court personnel and the role of a witness
Third Party Reporting
Third party reporting allows victims to report the crime anonymously through a third party. It allows victims who do not want to report the crime directly to ensure police receive a report about the crime.
Only victim service workers in community-based victim service programs, such as our Centre, can file third party reports. If you are considering using third party reporting, make sure you select a community-based victim service program and not a police-based victim service program (which do not allow third party reporting). We can assist in explaining the process of Third Party reporting; assist victims in filling out all forms, and forward these forms to the RCMP.
We’re here to help
MONDAY – FRIDAY
8:30am – 12:00pm
1:00pm – 4:30pm
#601 – 235 First Avenue
Chase Wellness Centre, 830 Thompson Avenue
Logan Lake Health Centre, #5 Beryl Drive
South Cariboo Elizabeth Fry Society, 601 Bancroft St
We depend on our donors
Giving comes in many forms and we value each and every gift of time, money, services, and support.
Every gift from you can make the life of a survivor of sexualized violence a bit easier and more joyful. Your donation will support us in ending sexualized violence in our community.